Liam Shackleton, Six, plunges to death from eighth floor of tower block as four arrested for child neglect - 1st June 2011

Police have arrested four people on suspicion of child neglect after a six-year-old boy was killed when he fell from a block of flats.

Liam Shackleton's identity was officially revealed by police this afternoon.

The youngster is thought to have plunged from a window on the eighth floor of the tower block in Lindsey Mount in Leeds at about 5.15pm on Tuesday.

He was taken to Leeds General Infirmary but died a short time later.

Shocked neighbours today spoke of their horror about the child's death as mourners lay tributes of flowers and teddy bears at the scene.

Maria Jordan, 50, who lives nearby on the large Lincoln Estate, said it was a heart-breaking tragedy.

Mrs Jordan, who has two grandchildren aged four and seven, wept as she said: 'My neighbour knocked on my door and told me a little boy had fallen to the ground.

'I don't know the family but it breaks my heart thinking about that poor kiddie.

'If I lived that far up I wouldn't let my grandchildren anywhere near the windows.'

Father-of-three Mohammad Kulan, 42, a security guard, saw the aftermath of the tragedy from his house opposite Lindsey Mount.

He said: 'I looked out of the window when I heard the police sirens and there was a lot of people gathered in the gardens.

'Paramedics were tending to the boy but I don't think there was much they could do.

'It's very sad, everybody I've seen today has said what a terrible thing it was.' Read More

Copyright 2009 Simplex Celebs All rights reserved Designed by SimplexDesign